From the Knowledge Base: What's a voltage pulser?
Pulsers with maximum output voltages between 850 V to 10 000 V are used for accelerated life testing of dielectric materials; for driving extraction grids and deflection plates in time-of-flight mass spectrometers; and for driving Pockels cells, Q switches, microchannel plates, acoustic transducers, image intensifiers, and photomultiplier tubes. Loads are generally connected to pulsers via several feet of coaxial cable.
- A fast, high-voltage electronic switch that creates pulses with fast edges
- An local capacitor bank that alternately stores and releases energy
- A logic-level trigger input that controls the width and repetition rate of the pulses
- An internal pulse engine that generates trigger pulses
- A voltage monitor that facilitates viewing the pulse on an oscilloscope
- A built-in high-voltage DC power supply to recharge the energy storage capacitors
All in One pulsing up to ±2000V!
Checking in on the PVX-4000-2kV
The PVX-4000-2kV is an air-cooled, high voltage bipolar pulse generator. Optimized for driving high impedance capacitive loads at up to ±2000 V, the PVX-4000-2kV is well-suited for driving extraction grids and deflection plates for electrostatic modulation of particle beams in time-of-flight mass spectrometers and accelerators.
- 0 to ±2000 V Pulse Output
- <50 ns Rise And Fall Times
- Pulse widths from <500 ns to DC
- Internal Trigger
- 40 Hz to 30 kHz Pulse Repetition Frequency
- 2% to 98% Duty Cycle
- External Trigger
- Single Shot to 100 kHz Pulse Repetition Frequency
- 0% to 100% Duty Cycle
- Protected Against Arcs, Shorts And Load Transients
- Voltage Monitor and Sync Outputs
Optimized for high impedance capacitive loads, the PVX-4000-2kV is well-suited for driving extraction grids and deflection plates for electrostatic modulation of particle beams in time-of-flight mass spectrometers and accelerators.
Its robust and versatile design also makes it well suited for pulsing or gating power tube grids, Pockels cells and Q Switches, acoustic transducers, microchannel plates, photomultiplier tubes and image intensifiers.
Lab to Launch
Standard modules and instruments not quite meeting the needs of your product, project, process or environment? Our Lab to Launch Program was designed for you!
The Lab to Launch program from Directed Energy provides custom OEM pulsed and high voltage/high power solutions. Designed by experts, manufactured in an ISO registered facility, tested and ready for installation... our modules save you time, effort and cost.
Working together early in development brings our expertise right into your lab.Focus on your core product and customer and we'll provide the solution for your pulsed and high voltage/high power requirements.