PIM-Mini Pulsed Laser Diode Driver Development Kit
Fort Collins, CO, September 10, 2014 --- IXYS Corporation (NASDAQ:IXYS), a leader in power semiconductors, mixed-signal and digital ICs for power conversion and motion control applications, announced today the introduction of the Development Kit for its PIM-Mini compact and lightweight laser diode driver by its IXYS Colorado division.
The PIM-Mini Development Kit greatly simplifies your OEM design process by providing everything you need to operate your laser diode in a pre-assembled and pretested package.
The Development Kit includes:
- The PIM-Mini air-cooled pulsed current source in a 5A, 10A, 20A, 50A or 200A output current configuration;
- A PDG-2500 Digital Pulse Generator with touch screen and USB computer interface, controls the laser pulse width, frequency and output power;
- A DC Power Supply that provides all support and laser power;
- A fully assembled and tested development interface printed circuit board assembly (PCB) with all interface connections;
- All interconnect cables, accessories, interface PCB schematics and a Quick Start Guide.
Simply connect your laser diode to the PIM-Mini’s output cable, plug in the power supply and interconnect cables following the Quick Start Guide, and power up your laser! Go from opening the box to laser output in the time it takes to brew a cup of coffee.
In addition to OEM prototyping, the development kit’s flexibility and ease of use also make it ideal for research, laboratory and scientific applications requiring a compact and economical high-performance pulsed laser diode system.
“The PIM-Mini Development Kit eliminates the time, expense and headaches of identifying, procuring, integrating and testing the components needed to power a laser diode” said Stephen Krausse, General Manager of IXYS Colorado/DEI. “It reduces development time from hours or even days to a few minutes, providing our customers with a faster time-to-market and lower R&D costs.”