The PIM-Mini-20 is a compact and lightweight pulsed current source designed to drive laser diodes, bars, arrays, or any low-impedance load. Current output from 2 A to 20 A, rise and fall times below 8 µs, pulse widths of 25 to 2300 µs, forward voltage from 0 V to 48 V, and pulse repetition rate from single shot to 20 Hz.
The PIM-Mini Series output current may be set with an internal potentiometer or an external analog voltage. The pulse width is controlled with the input trigger signal. The system requires two DC voltages for operation, the 12 V support voltage and the compliance voltage equal to 12 V above the laser diode’s forward voltage.
The laser or load is connected to the PIM-Mini with 22 AWG twisted pair cable (included) with a length of 15 cm (6 inches) or less.
To assist in setting up and configuring the PIM-Mini, we offer the PIM-Mini Development Kit. It includes the PIM-Mini, plus everything required to send single shot pulses from 25 µs to 250 µs to a laser with a forward voltage of up to 12 V. It allows current amplitude and pulse width control via USB computer control or a color touch screen via the PDG-2500 digital pulse generator.
- Pulsed current from 2 A to 20 A, dependent on model
- Forward voltage up to 48 V
- Frequency range ≤ 20 Hz
- Pulse width minimum of 25 µs and a max pulse width of 2300 µs
- External triggering from external devices
- Current set-point controlled internally with a potentiometer or externally with an analog voltage
- Current monitor using an SMP connection
- RoHS compliant
- Compact and Lightweight, Size (HxWxD) 11.3 cm x 12.65 cm x 5.4 cm, Weight 0.5 kg
- Multiple models for different pulsed current output
- 12 V support voltage required, no AC input required
- External power and trigger for flexibility
- Compact and Lightweight
The PIM-Mini Series is designed to drive laser diodes, bars, arrays, or any low-impedance load with a forward voltage drop up to 48 V.