The PCX-6425 output current and output voltage are set with the encoder on the front of the system. The display allows the user to view all settings on the home screen, including the current output, voltage output, current trip point, and voltage trip point. The pulse width and frequency is controlled via the front panel BNC Gate connection.
The PCX-6425 system also has the ability to set the current trip point and the voltage trip point.
The user should ensure the instrument is never operated outside of the SOA curves (see the PCX-6425 datasheet and operation manual for SOA curves).
Complete System Integration
For automated applications, complete control of the instrument is provided through a Serial interface or a USB interface. The connections are on the rear of the instrument.
Low Inductance Output Cable
The laser diode is connected to the front panel of the PCX-6425 through a low impedance twisted pair cable designed to preserve the fidelity of high-speed current pulses.
Internal or External Triggering
A conveniently-located front panel BNC connector allow the PCX-6425 to be externally triggered. The impedance of the trigger input is 50 Ω. The current monitor and voltage monitor are also located on the front panel utilizing a BNC connector for each.
- Variable Output Current from 0 A to 150 A
- Variable Output Voltage from 0 V to 120 V
- 100 μs to 5,000 μs Variable Pulse Width
- Rise and Fall Times Less Than 25 μs
- Intuitive Color Touch Screen Control
- Shipped with RS-232 and USB Computer Interfaces
- 0 A to 150 A Output Current adjustable following a simple safe operating table
- User-Adjustable Compliance Voltage from 0 V to 120 V
- Simple-to-use Touch Screen Operation
- Complete Computer Control via RS-232 or USB interfaces
- Low-Impedance Twisted Pair Output Cable provided
- Internal or External Triggering
- Current and Voltage Monitor BNC connections
The PCX-6425 is designed to drive laser diodes, bars and arrays with voltage drops up to 120 V and output current up to 150 A in research, laboratory, scientific and industrial applications.
The PCX-6425 includes the laser diode driver system and one output cable.