The PCO-6511 is a compact and economical OEM-style CW laser diode driver designed to drive diode lasers, bars and arrays with output current variable from 0.5A to 10A, and a compliance voltage up to 10V.
The PCO-6511 is based on a step-down (buck) DC/DC converter that operates on 12 V to 16 V DC input. A “crowbar” circuit in parallel with the laser diode is incorporated as a safety feature. When turned on, it shorts the output to ground, removing power from the laser diode.
The laser diode can be connected to the PCO-6511 via two screw terminals, or a 5-pin Molex connector.
- 0.5 A To 10 A Output
- 10 V Maximum Output Voltage
- +12 V to +16 V input DC operating voltage
- 100 W Maximum Output Power
- Current is controlled via an onboard potentiometer, or with an analog input control voltage
- Real-time current monitor output
- Digital shutdown which connects the laser diode to ground when engaged
The PCO-6511 is designed to drive diode lasers, bars and arrays in CW or QCW modes. The rugged, compact design and high power capability of the PCO-6511 make it an excellent OEM choice for driving high-power laser diodes.